Storage Application Note: Encrypting Drives Compliant with Opal SSC
This document provides examples of the communication between a host and a storage device implementing the TCG Storage Security Subsystem Class: Opal SSC and the TCG Storage Architecture Core Specification.
Examples are provided for the following scenarios:.
- Discovering whether a storage device supports Opal SSC
- Taking ownership of the storage device
- Activating the Locking SP
- Changing the Admin1 PIN in the Locking SP and adding users
- Configuring Locking Objects (LBA ranges)
- Unlocking ranges
- Erasing a range
- Enabling the MBR shadow
- Un-shadowing the MBR
- Reverting the TPer
- Reverting the Locking SP
- Using the DataStore table
- Storage Application Note: Encrypting Drives Compliant with Opal SSC, Version 1.0, Revision 1.0